Your Queer Story is an LGBT podcast that covers queer history, personal stories, religion, politics, sexuality and much, much more. It is hosted by Evan Jones & Paul Hobbs. Our podcast is 100% free and can be streamed via Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google, Stitcher, TuneIn, or wherever you get your podcasts. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, or Pinterest. We release a new episode every Wednesday and include updates throughout the week on all of our social media pages.
How It All Started
Evan and I met in 2010 in Northwest Indiana. At the time, Evan was living as a woman and had just escaped the cult she grew up in. After meeting at work, we had a conversation in the break room and Evan came out to me. Later that day, I came out to Evan (the first person I had ever come out to). I then came out to my mother who was (fortunately) extremely accepting. From that moment, Evan and I became inseparable and lived together for the next six years. We grew up together and learned a lot about what it means to be proud and truly love yourself.
In 2018, we decided that we wanted to help others be as comfortable in their own skin as we are and support our community the best way we knew how – talking and laughing. An LGBT podcast was an idea that was close to both of our hearts. It’s something that was personal, interesting, and something that would be beneficial to our both our audience and ourselves. Because we grew up in a conservative area we learned absolutely nothing about our community’s history; it had been erased from our history books and our education. We released our first four episodes on June 13th, 2018 and release a new episode every Wednesday.
As an LGBT podcast, it is important for us to work towards a common goal so that we can influence and benefit as many people as possible. Our mission is to positively impact our community in the following ways.
- Educating as many people as possible on the LGBT community.
- Making members of the LGBT community feel comfortable in their own skin.
- Assisting our community in the fight for equality.
- Sharing the stories of as many members of the community as possible.
- Empowering people in their daily lives.
- Spreading the stories of the members of our community who have been erased from history.
- Providing an online support group for people who need a safe space.
- Sharing links and information to resources that are beneficial for members of our community.
Make a Donation
Everything we make goes directly to the podcast or our Queer Mentorship Program. All design and production costs come out-of-pocket and any donation would be greatly appreciated by both of us! SQDGL.