Over the last few years our podcast has grown and experienced numerous changes. We have grown as hosts, podcasters, producers, historians, educators, friends, and people.
You, our Queerstians, are largely to thank for the progress and growth we have made. Without you, we wouldn't be where we are today.
Welcome to our new website and online queer magazine!
Taking a hint from queer organizations such as the Daughters of Bilitis and the Mattachine Society, we want to create a publication for all queer people worldwide.
To achieve this, we migrated our old site to a new host and platform that is significantly faster, easier to maintain, and much easier to use and navigate.
This new platform allows us to add new authors to contribute to our ever growing database of queer knowledge/history/education while also eliminating some overhead and configuration issues from our previous platform.
What can you expect in 2021?
- Continued quality queer episodes using our new podcast host.
- More frequent blog posts on the Your Queer Story website.
- New bloggers sharing their stories, experiences, and research with you.
- A monthly newsletter (eventually).
- Virtual parties/happy hours/movie nights for our Patrons.
- Regular social media posts.
- Improved interaction, more podcast guests, and more episodes!
- A few other secrets that we've got cooking up in the kitchen for you. 😉
Interested in helping?
It is super easy to help us transition into a successful 2021! A few small free steps could really make a difference.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. The more reviews we have the higher we rank in the charts resulting in even more Queerstians! 🤗
- Follow us on social media. We are on literally every platform under @YourQueerStory.
- Send in a voicemail for us to play on the podcast at https://anchor.fm/yourqueerstory/message. You can do it right from your phone and it only takes a few seconds!
- Share our podcast with a few friends! If every Queerstian shared the podcast with just one friend we could double our listeners.
- If you have $3+ extra a month and want to support queer art & education you could join us on Patreon.
- We will be looking for new queer authors from all backgrounds who want to share their stories and experiences. If you would like to write for us please contact us.
We hope you are as excited as we are for the new year. SQDGL!